Skip to main content

Piece #100 - The Importance of Being One Hundred

The rumors are true; this is my 100th entry of my blog. It's funny because sometimes when you start something you never know how long things might last; in this case, this blog that I've been writing. The number one hundred seems to be one of those pinnacle moments in anything we might write or celebrate...like age or other things. Since I have Asperger's and I've mentioned on several posting that I'm a numbers guy so 100 to me can mean a lot of different things. Money, for example, only goes as high as 100 in dollars. As much as prices are on everything you would think that our government would introduce a higher bill, but no...100 dollars is the top of the heap. A newly elected President tends to be judged by the first 100 days in office; which started with Franklin Roosevelt. 100 is an even number and if you're at 100% then you are considered complete or at the max. I remember there was a rather interesting game show called “1 versus 100” were one contestant had to answer trivia questions against one hundred other people. Many of the people in the 100 were special like celebrities, genius, sports stars, scientists and other special people. I thought the show was really interesting, but it didn't last very long.

If you pick up any comic book, those #100 issues are usually rather large in size and 'special' (and more expensive!), but the story can be epic or just a dud. I have to be honest and say that I have purchased #100 comics on several occasions, but not all. I know that not just magazines, but in making lists, people love to make a top 100 list of a lot of things. I'll never forget when the American Film Institute put out their list of the top 100 films of all time. I have to admit that would be a very, very difficult task considering you are talking about films dating all the way back to the early 1900's! If your curious on how the list ended the films were: number three was The Godfather, number two was Casablanca, and number one was Citizen Kane; which I would recommend you seeing if you haven't already. Billboard came out with their list of the top 100 songs of all time which were: number three was 'Mack the Knife' by Bobby Darin, number two was 'Smooth' by Santana and number one was 'The Twist' by Chubby Checker. Even ESPN came out with their list of the top 100 athletes of all time which were: number three was Muhammad Ali, number two was Babe Ruth and number one was Michael Jordan. (Though worth noting that Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in one basketball game.)

I'm sure we could argue these lists until the cows come home on how inaccurate they might be, but I think the reason for most of the list are for...discussion or at least debate. I know I've complained and argued at how the list was not properly put together and how there wasn't much real thought into the list, but that is my Asperger's talking and I should just take it for what it was, a list. I know in terms of time that 100 years is a century and when you celebrate 100 years that's called a centennial, but the number is still significant in so many other ways. I see this as a milestone and one to look back and see what as come before it. As I now eclipse this mark in my blog, here is hoping I can make it to the next 100 entries!

Song of Inspiration [Check it out on iTunes or Android!]:

Song: "10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)"

Artist: Matt Redman

Album: 10,000 Reasons  


Here's the official video for the selected song:









Popular posts from this blog

Piece #72 - Brant Hansen, the radio voice for Asperger's

This might seem a little unusual for my blog to be talking about a certain person, especially one that I've never met in person, but he still has a special place for me because of how much we have in common...mostly because we both have Asperger's. Brant Hansen is or as of Monday July 7th, 2014 was a DJ for a national syndicated Christian radio station called Air 1. He and I have exchanged messages through Facebook from time to time in pleasant conversations, but we have come to a point that is a little more serious. Brant has never shied away from his disability and if anything he has been a positive voice to anyone who would listen about his Asperger's. As I mentioned though, Air 1 is ready to shut him down. Here is what Brant had to say about his departure from the radio station:

"If you've been a listener to our radio show, please know this: I’m heartbroken over the end of the show. I've counted every day as an honor to be able to have a platform like that.…

Lost Piece #1 - The Gospel Truth

"I know my Jesus, I love Him, and I think if he needed me to believe that homosexuality was a sin, He would have mentioned it. He didn’t. When Jesus said that marriage was between a man and a woman, he was responding to a question about divorce, not sexuality.* And even the Gospels... well, even though they are gospel to me, I accept that they are also interpretations of what Jesus said and did and meant -we don’t have a single written word directly from Jesus. He could have left us something - he could have left another list of rights and wrongs when He came to Earth, but he chose not to." Glennon Doyle Melton - Aug 25, 2013
These words were penned by Ms. Glennon Doyle Melton who is an author and Christian blogger. Back in February of 2017 she announced that she was engaged to Abby Wambach a former Women's Soccer Champion. Glennon had been married to her husband (Craig Melton) for over 14 years before she divorced him due to his extramarital affairs.  Glennon had also o…

Piece #108 - Unemployment

I had the experience of something I hadn't been a part of in nearly twenty years... unemployment. I learned something rather quickly about being unemployed is that this is more of a journey than a simple trip. Trying to make the move from the world of education to the vast universe of basically...everybody else can be rather frustrating and confusing. One of the first things I had to learn was the new jargon, for example: Lead - the person just above the regular worker but, just under the supervisor. In teaching, there is no such thing; I guess the best version I can come up with is either a coordinator or a vice-principal. Production performance - the means of how well of an output one creates within a certain time and/or quality ("quota" is another term used). In education, test scores sadly are used as a barometer for how well a teacher is performing but, there are checks and balances on how well the information is being delivered and received by the students. I reall…