Skip to main content

Piece #90 - Wanted: Dead or Alive

Yes, I will admit that the title of this piece was inspired from Bon Jovi. I listened to this song for a long time, but I have to be honest and say that I've had a new look on my life in regards to this music. I can look at this 'Wanted: Dead or Alive" in several parts of my life choices and disorders. If you have been reading my blogs, you know that I'm Christian and I'm not afraid to admit it, but in many parts of the world, I would be considered a 'wanted man'. My disorder of Asperger's Syndrome has seemed to put a bull’s eye on my head with people that either don't understand or don't WANT to understand.

Back on February 16th of 2015 21 Christian men were slaughtered because of their belief in Jesus. Here's the small part of the news story:
"The 21 men have been declared martyrs by the Coptic Church.
In the yard of the Coptic Church in the village of Yes, I will admit that the title of this piece was inspired from Bon Jovi. I listened to this song for a long time, but I have to be honest and say that I've had a new look on my life in regards to this music. I can look at this 'Wanted: Dead or Alive" in several parts of my life choices and disorders. If you have been reading my blogs, you know that I'm Christian and I'm not afraid to admit it, but in many parts of the world, I would be considered a 'wanted man'. My disorder of Asperger's Syndrome as seemed to put a bull’s eye on my head with people that either don't understand or don't WANT to understand.

Back on February 16th of 2015 21 Christian men were slaughtered because of their belief in Jesus. Here's the small part of the news story:
"The 21 men have been declared martyrs by the Coptic Church.
In the yard of the Coptic Church in the village of Al-Our, dozens listen to the words of a preacher speaking into a microphone. His words rise and fall as he says: “The life we live is but numbered days that will quickly pass, the Bible says.”
His words were intended to comfort a congregation mourning 13 of its members who were among the 21 men slaughtered on a Mediterranean beach in a video released last week by the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS). Al-Our is in Egypt’s Minya province, 150 miles south of Cairo, a farm community of some 6,000 Muslims and Christians living in brick, mud and stone houses. Following the spectacular murders of its residents, the town was thrust to the center of the crisis emanating from Libya, where ISIS has established a foothold in the chaos of a civil war."

The Bible is illegal in 52 countries around the world. Restricted Nations: 38 and Hostile Areas: 14. So far there is a top 10 list of countries that most Christians shouldn't go to: #10 - Laos, #9 - Uzbekistan, #8 - Iraq, #7 - Yemen, #6- Maldives, #5 - Somalia, #4 - Saudi Arabia, #3 - Afghanistan, #2 - Iran, and #1 - North Korea. Obviously Iraq and Afghanistan make a lot of sense with the U.S. going to battle in those countries. I would have to give honorable mention to other countries that didn't make the list like China, a very strong communist state and Pakistan because there isn't a lot of difference with them versus their neighbor Afghanistan.

I'm glad I live here in America, but even within our own walls, there has been dissension among our own U.S. citizens. Being a Christian seems almost like a bad word or a label that means "there is something seriously wrong with you!" Ironically, the Bible is the all-time most sold book and the most book stolen from libraries! (I'm not kidding.) This sudden hatred on Christians is rather odd to me. I do understand how people who say "I'm a Christian", but never show it by their lifestyle; I can understand because I know people in particular who are like that and it blows my mind. I just have to remember to 'love our enemies'.
You can check you out www.opendoorusa.org for information about Christian persecution. 

The other part of being 'wanted' is my disability. I have written on many occasions about how discrimination is running rampant in our society. Again, this is April - Autism Awareness Month - but, it doesn't feel like any awareness or compliance is actually happening. I keep hearing that more businesses are looking for people with Asperger's because of their great work ethic, but I haven't seen or heard of any offers on my end. The thought of being wanted in this case would be great, but the market just seems to want to go around me. I often wonder what I did wrong, but I know that's not the case. I guess I could be discovered by someone in the autism circles to be either a writer or a spokesperson, but I just need to remember that those opportunities won't come to me; I have to go out and get them. 

There are times when it's good to be wanted, but only for the right reasons. 


Song of Inspiration [Check it out on iTunes or Android!]:

Song: "Crazy Love"

Artist: Hawk Nelson

Album: Crazy Love


Here is the video lyrics to the selected song (I'm not a fan of the actual video):






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piece #75 - My Directing Method

Being a director like I have for several years, there are things that I've had to deal with in this business. This isn't the professional method of directing, but this is my perspective on how to be a director in any medium. I will probably address the proper method of how to treat actors, but that is not the sole focus on what I'm going to share. As a director you will have to deal with people who think they know it all and you can't say anything that will benefit me. The problem that most amateur actors forget is that acting is an art form, but it's also an occupation. I think people tend to forget that acting is work...hard work. One of the things that I try to let the kids know is that it's a very difficult business to get into. I feel like they need to hear the truth about the world of entertainment. I tell them that they have to 'want' it very badly and do almost anything to get in. An internship is a great way to get your foot in the door, bu

Piece #103 - I.Q.

I have, in some form or fashion, addressed this topic on intelligence, but I thought I'd hit this head on. One of the big things that people with Asperger's gets tied with is having a high intelligence. I have to admit that I've had a hard time finding solid evidence on all people with Asperger's having a high intelligence. I guess this a bit of a piggy back to my earlier posting #78 No Talent Required. The difference between these two is I'm going to address the intelligence in general versus the talents from Asperger's (or Savants).  When it comes to the topic of intelligence, I get a similar feeling like in high school when the class decides on 'the most successful' label. I say this because I've always questioned what is successful? In turn I would also ask in the same breath what is intelligent? Testing the intelligence of someone used to seem like either a brainiac, just an average person or an idiot...depending on the score which is reall

Piece #72 - Brant Hansen, the radio voice for Asperger's

  This might seem a little unusual for my blog to be talking about a certain person, especially one that I've never met in person, but he still has a special place for me because of how much we have in common...mostly because we both have Asperger's. Brant Hansen is or as of Monday July 7 th , 2014 was a DJ for a national syndicated Christian radio station called Air 1. He and I have exchanged messages through Facebook from time to time in pleasant conversations, but we have come to a point that is a little more serious. Brant has never shied away from his disability and if anything he has been a positive voice to anyone who would listen about his Asperger's. As I mentioned though, Air 1 is ready to shut him down. Here is what Brant had to say about his departure from the radio station: "If you've been a listener to our radio show, please know this:  I’m heartbroken over the end of the show.  I've counted every day as an honor to be able to have a platfo