Skip to main content

Piece #89 - Pain Control

As you may or may not know that my wife has been through a horrible ordeal that involved her slipping on some wet wax and falling on the cement floor on her elbow. Ever since that time, she has gone through several surgeries and countless hours of physical therapy. Sadly, she has found herself having to take pain medication to help ease her chronic pain. We've tried different methods of helping her out, but many of the treatments just don't seem to work. I have been going through a tiny bit of pain myself since I got a boil under my left arm which blossomed into this massive infection. I just learned that it is a form of staff infection. Jaimee has been trying to squeeze out as much of the infection as she could, but I can tell you that this is incredibly painful. The pain feels like hundreds of wasp’s sting my side all at once. I have had all kinds of pain in different places for different reasons, but I have to admit this is probably one of the worst I can remember. 

I can honestly admit that I will never experience the pain my wife has felt throughout her life. The first of those is that she delivered our first child naturally. No medicine, no epidural, no fast delivery. She was in labor for a very long time before she finally gave birth to Megan. On the last three of our children, they all had to be taken by C-section. With the pain of natural child birth that my wife went through, she can gauge all other pain from that experience. I one thing I really want for Jaimee right now is relief.

We need an answer. Jaimee and I are at a point of what to do next. The problem with pain pills is that the body will build a tolerance to them and so more is needed to do the job they were mean to do. The risk is that eventually those pills can kill you. I've read lots of stories of people who have overdosed on pain medication. In fact, more people die from prescription pills than any other form of drugs...combined!!! I am speaking of heroin, cocaine, marijuana, alcohol, ecstasy, etc. If you don't believe me, look it up for yourself and you'll be in for a big surprise. I'm afraid this is going to be a long and difficult battle on trying to find some normalcy again, or at least some comfort. 


Song of Inspiration [Check it out on iTunes or Android!]:

Song: "Keep the Candle Burning"

Artist: Point Of Grace

Album: Life, Love & Other Mysteries



Here's the video lyrics to the selected song:











Popular posts from this blog

Lost Piece #1 - The Gospel Truth

"I know my Jesus, I love Him, and I think if he needed me to believe that homosexuality was a sin, He would have mentioned it. He didn’t. When Jesus said that marriage was between a man and a woman, he was responding to a question about divorce, not sexuality.* And even the Gospels... well, even though they are gospel to me, I accept that they are also interpretations of what Jesus said and did and meant -we don’t have a single written word directly from Jesus. He could have left us something - he could have left another list of rights and wrongs when He came to Earth, but he chose not to." Glennon Doyle Melton - Aug 25, 2013
These words were penned by Ms. Glennon Doyle Melton who is an author and Christian blogger. Back in February of 2017 she announced that she was engaged to Abby Wambach a former Women's Soccer Champion. Glennon had been married to her husband (Craig Melton) for over 14 years before she divorced him due to his extramarital affairs.  Glennon had also o…

Broken Piece #1 - 13 Reasons Why

On March 31, 2017; the steaming service known as Netflix released a new mini series called "13 Reasons Why". This has quickly become one the most talked about series throughout the world. The story is based on the book by Jay Asher where the character Clay Jensen who had a high school crush on Hannah who ends up committing suicide. Suddenly two weeks after her death Clay receives a mysterious package on his porch which contains several cassette tapes of Hannah's recordings explaining the 13 reasons why she chose to end her life.
Within the last few days since the show was released it has created a lot of concern in the mental health, education and youth advocacy groups. Groups have demanded that the books be banned from the school libraries including Colorado, which has had seven teenangers ending their own lives: http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/colorado-school-district-pulls-suicide-book-thirteen-reasons-why-1.3415692 The show claims they had gotten experts to give the…

Broken Piece #2 - Susan Boyle

For those of you who are not sure who is Susan Boyle, she was the second place winner to the show "Britain's Got Talent" in 2009. She sang the famous song from LesMis√©rables "I Dreamed the Dream". Since the show, Susan had been making guest appearances on a variety of shows and recorded several albums. Susan's first album alone broke several chart-records and was very well received around the world. I believe why she had such incredible appeal was because she was a perfect representative of all the 'regular people' in the world. She didn't come in flashy or striking but, modest and humble. When a person like Susan is thrown into the whirlwind of concerts, parties, media, and money, it's very difficult to stay grounded and not having your own personal world torn apart. Sadly for Susan Boyle, her tiny universe is crumbling. First, she did have a health scare when she was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes that prompted her to lose weight. Second, …