Skip to main content

Piece #59 - Indecisive

I have to admit that I've been rather indecisive lately. I'm trying to remember a time in the past when I was so unaware in my life! I think the bad part is that by a certain point you should have reached were you wanted to be. Sadly that is not my case, because I always thought I'd be writing comic books, manga, novel or short stories. So far the only things I've "published" have been these blogs about my life with Asperger's. I don't know if it's the age or autism, but I'm at a point right now where I have no idea what to do. Honestly, I never thought at this point I'd still be teaching...in high school no less! Maybe college, but not in the public school system I can tell you that for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I still love to write, but I feel like I've lost a little of my passion. I guess when you fight for so many years on stories and working with artists then the company either doesn't like your stuff or they go belly up it really broke me down. Being indecisive can be dangerous because when you don't do anything, the only thing that gets done is TIME going by. That is the thing that gets wasted of all...time; with having Asperger's time is one thing I tend to keep an eye on, but it still slides past me faster than I think. I really want to continue writing my stories, but I haven't found that 'magic' spark I use to have. I really believe I can get it back, but until then I'll keep writing these blogs and my personal journals I guess.

Probably one of the most difficult indecisive moments I've had has to be college...I mean as a student this time. I already have my Master’s degree, but I originally went back again for another degree and this one would deal with History. The plan was it would start out as a Masters in History and then move right into the Doctoral program for History, but I've hit a bump in the road. I really want to finish this out, I'm actually rather close to being done, right now I have too many distractions and lack of motivation that have gotten in the way. I have to admit it’s been a really struggle. I still had hoped for a PhD.

Some would think that through all of this, I'm just having a 'mid-life crisis'; but I think this goes further than that. I believe in the 'crisis' a person evaluates they're life and feels like they've missed something so they go and try to live a completely different life; even at the risk of cheating on their spouse. As you've read so far, that isn't my issue. I'm just having hard time making a sound decision on anything! I don't feel like I need to live a different life, I just need to decide on how to live the one I have now. All I can say is that I hope I can get over this funk soon. Having this Asperger's, it's really bugging me. I use to have a clear focus and direction and right now that seems to have gotten away from me. Like always, I need to lean on my family and my Lord because I know they have my best interest at heart.

Song of Inspiration [Check it out on iTunes or Android!]:

Song: "Only Human"

Artist: 12 Stones

Album: Beneath The Scars


Here's the lyric video for the selected song. This is a great example of all of our short falls and indecisiveness.









I think this just about says it all...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piece #75 - My Directing Method

Being a director like I have for several years, there are things that I've had to deal with in this business. This isn't the professional method of directing, but this is my perspective on how to be a director in any medium. I will probably address the proper method of how to treat actors, but that is not the sole focus on what I'm going to share. As a director you will have to deal with people who think they know it all and you can't say anything that will benefit me. The problem that most amateur actors forget is that acting is an art form, but it's also an occupation. I think people tend to forget that acting is work...hard work. One of the things that I try to let the kids know is that it's a very difficult business to get into. I feel like they need to hear the truth about the world of entertainment. I tell them that they have to 'want' it very badly and do almost anything to get in. An internship is a great way to get your foot in the door, bu

Piece #103 - I.Q.

I have, in some form or fashion, addressed this topic on intelligence, but I thought I'd hit this head on. One of the big things that people with Asperger's gets tied with is having a high intelligence. I have to admit that I've had a hard time finding solid evidence on all people with Asperger's having a high intelligence. I guess this a bit of a piggy back to my earlier posting #78 No Talent Required. The difference between these two is I'm going to address the intelligence in general versus the talents from Asperger's (or Savants).  When it comes to the topic of intelligence, I get a similar feeling like in high school when the class decides on 'the most successful' label. I say this because I've always questioned what is successful? In turn I would also ask in the same breath what is intelligent? Testing the intelligence of someone used to seem like either a brainiac, just an average person or an idiot...depending on the score which is reall

Piece #28 - Puzzles

I realize autism is symbolized by a puzzles piece and I've noticed that some people have taken some offense to that, but this doesn't deal directly with that topic. This is a straight observation on puzzles and how they affect me and the twins. With the new age of electronic devices, it has changed to way we do pretty much everything! In this case I want to focus on puzzles because there are lots of computer game companies that are betting on us to buy their own special puzzle game, whether it is on the iPad, iTouch or smart phone. I will say that I do own an iTouch and yes, I do love it! Unfortunately, I can get sucked into several good puzzle games. So far the top ones I love to play are Chuzzle, Bejeweled, Tiki Totems and of course...Angry Birds. To be honest, I also will go 'old school' and play Solitaire, Mahjong, Sudoku and even Tetris because they still have a place in my heart. Sometimes the simpler games I would rather play because they are quick and easier