Skip to main content

Piece #74 - Crowds

A large gathering people didn't bother me too much, but as I've gotten older my opinion has changed slightly. Now granted, I'm not talking about getting in the right crowd or a bad crowd, but just a large mass of people in one general location. I remember going to rock concerts, sporting events, museums, conventions and not be fazed by extremely large groups of people. I don't know if it's my age. I don't know if it's the new medication that helps me be more aware of my surroundings. All I know is my views on crowds have changes quite a bit.

The idea of this posting actually came to me when I was in an elevator. Since I don't ride very many elevators I never gave this a lot of thought, but other than family or friends I tend to dislike elevators if other people are in it too. I handle the situation well enough, but when I enter and I don't see any one around immediately then I'm pushing that close button as fast as I can. There have been several occasions when I find myself taking the stairs! Other than the great exercise, I think it gives me more control on how fast I want to go and not having to fear people around me because honestly most folks don't like taking the stairs.

This next thing might sound a little silly, but even in my own car I'm not too keen on a large crowd of cars. Granted I don't think people enjoy a large amount of traffic, but I will think of any way to get out of having to wait through traffic. I guess this goes back to having control over my rate of travel, but it's not nearly as bad as being in the middle of groups of people. I just know most people don't like rush hour and many times they will wait until an earlier or later time to leave. I have to say the weirdest thing has got the public restrooms. I actually feel more comfortable when there isn't a single person in the restroom. If there are several guys in the men's room then I will not go in...period! I can handle a few people and if I really have to go then I tend to ignore most of my fears to get to a stall. The restroom is by far one of the most awkward places to be!

I can be a 'people' person; it's just a little hard to muster up the strength to step forward to be that person. If I ever get anything published, I know I will have to really push myself forward because I know there will be people who would want to meet me and talk to me about anything from their own experiences to maybe something they had a question on in the book. Don't get me wrong, I actually do like a well-educated conversation, but trying to carry small talk for a length of time can be taxing for me. Sometimes, I don't even know when enough is enough in a conversation. I will admit it would be loads of fun to meet any reader of my material.

I still get fidgety when I know I'm going to walk into a crowd of people. I have to find the motivation to want to be there in the first place, like going to a sporting event or a movie knowing that lots of people will be there, but the reward out weights the headache. I have to keep a positive outlook on why I would put myself among all these people. The crowds can drive me crazy but, if there is an incentive for it then count me in...even if I lose my mind!

Song of Inspiration [Check it out on iTunes or Android!]:

Song: "Ignition"

Artist: Toby Mac


Album: Portable Sounds


Here's the lyrics to the selected song:




WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE!!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piece #75 - My Directing Method

Being a director like I have for several years, there are things that I've had to deal with in this business. This isn't the professional method of directing, but this is my perspective on how to be a director in any medium. I will probably address the proper method of how to treat actors, but that is not the sole focus on what I'm going to share. As a director you will have to deal with people who think they know it all and you can't say anything that will benefit me. The problem that most amateur actors forget is that acting is an art form, but it's also an occupation. I think people tend to forget that acting is work...hard work. One of the things that I try to let the kids know is that it's a very difficult business to get into. I feel like they need to hear the truth about the world of entertainment. I tell them that they have to 'want' it very badly and do almost anything to get in. An internship is a great way to get your foot in the door, bu

Piece #103 - I.Q.

I have, in some form or fashion, addressed this topic on intelligence, but I thought I'd hit this head on. One of the big things that people with Asperger's gets tied with is having a high intelligence. I have to admit that I've had a hard time finding solid evidence on all people with Asperger's having a high intelligence. I guess this a bit of a piggy back to my earlier posting #78 No Talent Required. The difference between these two is I'm going to address the intelligence in general versus the talents from Asperger's (or Savants).  When it comes to the topic of intelligence, I get a similar feeling like in high school when the class decides on 'the most successful' label. I say this because I've always questioned what is successful? In turn I would also ask in the same breath what is intelligent? Testing the intelligence of someone used to seem like either a brainiac, just an average person or an idiot...depending on the score which is reall

Piece #72 - Brant Hansen, the radio voice for Asperger's

  This might seem a little unusual for my blog to be talking about a certain person, especially one that I've never met in person, but he still has a special place for me because of how much we have in common...mostly because we both have Asperger's. Brant Hansen is or as of Monday July 7 th , 2014 was a DJ for a national syndicated Christian radio station called Air 1. He and I have exchanged messages through Facebook from time to time in pleasant conversations, but we have come to a point that is a little more serious. Brant has never shied away from his disability and if anything he has been a positive voice to anyone who would listen about his Asperger's. As I mentioned though, Air 1 is ready to shut him down. Here is what Brant had to say about his departure from the radio station: "If you've been a listener to our radio show, please know this:  I’m heartbroken over the end of the show.  I've counted every day as an honor to be able to have a platfo