Skip to main content

Piece #51 - Secrets


I'm not sure if this is harder for me or my wife. I have learned that some secrets are best kept to one's self because the revelations of the information may actually do more damage than healing. I felt secrets have been saviors and dangers. Having Asperger's, this has to be one of the hardest things to judge because I'm not sure when it's right to hold on to a secret and when to tell. I've always been one to be honest, but holding on to information isn't tough, it's just hard to tell when the time is right to say anything. One of my worst problems has been that I will remember the information I have to keep secret, but then along the way...I forget! The memory problem can create havoc in my head because even though the information might be important, it can still get lost in all the other stuff in my head.

There are times when I'll have a secret, but the seriousness of it to me might not be that important, until I mention it later. I have a hard time judging just how important secret information can be. (Good thing I don't work for the government!) I wish I could just have a chart or something, but I'm stuck with what I've got...or not.

In a weird way, I almost see keeping secrets as lying. I realize that sounds rather stupid, but if people start asking me things about the secret, all I can do is simply lie to them because I can't divulge the information. To me, lying is a hard thing to do. I will many times do what a lot of people like to do is cover a lie with another lie. Now a guy with Asperger's that can be a very difficult feat to accomplish since that would require me to remember what my first lie was in turn what the second one was and so on. I see lying as something that the Lord does not like because Jesus always told the truth because He didn't fear anything. I'm not as good as Him. One thing I can say about secrets is for me, I can hold an advantage in a situation if a conflict happens to rear its ugly head. And actually, this is happening to me that this moment. I've spoken in past blogs about principals and their misunderstanding of my Asperger's and so it's going to happen again. It's been a long time, but this is just what I have to deal with day in and day out. Honestly I can make me very angry, especially when I've even disclosed the information, but it is what it is. I guess I don't like saying a lot because I would like to have people treat me normally and not a freak. Having secret can be impossible...just ask a superhero!!!

 

Song of Inspiration [Check it out on iTunes or Android!]:



Song: "Secrets and Regrets"

Artist: Pillar

Album: Confessions


Here's a live performance of the song from Pillar! Check it out!






Here's an excellent example of a person who could have kept his identity a secret, but he felt confident that the world was just going to have to deal with the fact that Tony Stark is Iron Man. In many ways the same world needs to realize and understand that Christopher Wheat as Asperger's and that isn't going to change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piece #75 - My Directing Method

Being a director like I have for several years, there are things that I've had to deal with in this business. This isn't the professional method of directing, but this is my perspective on how to be a director in any medium. I will probably address the proper method of how to treat actors, but that is not the sole focus on what I'm going to share. As a director you will have to deal with people who think they know it all and you can't say anything that will benefit me. The problem that most amateur actors forget is that acting is an art form, but it's also an occupation. I think people tend to forget that acting is work...hard work. One of the things that I try to let the kids know is that it's a very difficult business to get into. I feel like they need to hear the truth about the world of entertainment. I tell them that they have to 'want' it very badly and do almost anything to get in. An internship is a great way to get your foot in the door, bu

Piece #103 - I.Q.

I have, in some form or fashion, addressed this topic on intelligence, but I thought I'd hit this head on. One of the big things that people with Asperger's gets tied with is having a high intelligence. I have to admit that I've had a hard time finding solid evidence on all people with Asperger's having a high intelligence. I guess this a bit of a piggy back to my earlier posting #78 No Talent Required. The difference between these two is I'm going to address the intelligence in general versus the talents from Asperger's (or Savants).  When it comes to the topic of intelligence, I get a similar feeling like in high school when the class decides on 'the most successful' label. I say this because I've always questioned what is successful? In turn I would also ask in the same breath what is intelligent? Testing the intelligence of someone used to seem like either a brainiac, just an average person or an idiot...depending on the score which is reall

Piece #72 - Brant Hansen, the radio voice for Asperger's

  This might seem a little unusual for my blog to be talking about a certain person, especially one that I've never met in person, but he still has a special place for me because of how much we have in common...mostly because we both have Asperger's. Brant Hansen is or as of Monday July 7 th , 2014 was a DJ for a national syndicated Christian radio station called Air 1. He and I have exchanged messages through Facebook from time to time in pleasant conversations, but we have come to a point that is a little more serious. Brant has never shied away from his disability and if anything he has been a positive voice to anyone who would listen about his Asperger's. As I mentioned though, Air 1 is ready to shut him down. Here is what Brant had to say about his departure from the radio station: "If you've been a listener to our radio show, please know this:  I’m heartbroken over the end of the show.  I've counted every day as an honor to be able to have a platfo