Skip to main content

Piece #47 - Self Image


Here's a real tough issue that I've semi addressed in a blog or two. Before I was taking medication for my mood stabilizer, I rarely had given self-image a lot of thought. As I've mention before, I was teased a lot when I was younger and they tried to demoralize the way I looked, dressed or spoke; but I didn't give it much creed. I believe a little push with self-image can be beneficial if it improves your life. The Lord does say that our body's are a temple and we to take care of it, but we can't obsesses over our imagine. It wasn't until I was a little older that I tried a little harder to make myself look better for the girls.  I guess if I allowed the tease to really affect me then I might have been typing this blog as we speak.

Society seems to believe that most females have the hardest time with self-image. To be honest, this is a concept that I'm still gaining a real understanding for how girls get their image. Is it the words I say? Is it my nonverbal actions? I have four girls of my own and I've always tried to be conscience of their feelings when it came to giving my opinion on how they might look. I have to thank my tireless wife who tries to remind me if I need to say something or when to just shut up. This has always been my weakness when it comes to this Asperger life I have to live. As a dad, I want to give my children the best of my life so they can in turn experience the life the Lord has blessed them with, because you have to remember you only get one.

I think that's where all of us need to be reminded that God doesn't make mistakes. I understand we all want acceptance from our partners and our peers, but our self-image has to go further than that. Self-image has to be buried well under the 'skin deep' area. You are a miracle, a new creation. You are loved by the Lord and you will always be adored by Him. So saying that you don't believe nor He doesn't care would break His heart...I know because it has happened to me with one of my own daughters. The relationship is getting better, but it still needs some work. Reassurance is one thing that most people seek in their self-image development, but in reality it's not needed from others because the Lord is constantly trying to convey that message all our lives!

I believe the best thing to do is let others see what you do in deeds, instead of how you look. (Like being in the mission field) There have been countless stories that addressed that very thing! In the end, the only thing that matters was what you did in this world than simply how you looked. Try not to be hard yourself, after all God loves you and He hopes to see your perfect self again in Heaven!

Song on Inspiration [Check it out on iTunes or Android!]:

Song: "Gold"

Artist: Britt Nicole

Album: Gold




Here's a great song if you're having trouble with your self-image! So much I took the liberty of posting the music video...It's really worth watching! Enjoy.












This is from a Starbucks Cup. I think it says about everything one needs if you feel like you are not sure who you are or why your here. Read it close.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piece #75 - My Directing Method

Being a director like I have for several years, there are things that I've had to deal with in this business. This isn't the professional method of directing, but this is my perspective on how to be a director in any medium. I will probably address the proper method of how to treat actors, but that is not the sole focus on what I'm going to share. As a director you will have to deal with people who think they know it all and you can't say anything that will benefit me. The problem that most amateur actors forget is that acting is an art form, but it's also an occupation. I think people tend to forget that acting is work...hard work. One of the things that I try to let the kids know is that it's a very difficult business to get into. I feel like they need to hear the truth about the world of entertainment. I tell them that they have to 'want' it very badly and do almost anything to get in. An internship is a great way to get your foot in the door, bu

Piece #103 - I.Q.

I have, in some form or fashion, addressed this topic on intelligence, but I thought I'd hit this head on. One of the big things that people with Asperger's gets tied with is having a high intelligence. I have to admit that I've had a hard time finding solid evidence on all people with Asperger's having a high intelligence. I guess this a bit of a piggy back to my earlier posting #78 No Talent Required. The difference between these two is I'm going to address the intelligence in general versus the talents from Asperger's (or Savants).  When it comes to the topic of intelligence, I get a similar feeling like in high school when the class decides on 'the most successful' label. I say this because I've always questioned what is successful? In turn I would also ask in the same breath what is intelligent? Testing the intelligence of someone used to seem like either a brainiac, just an average person or an idiot...depending on the score which is reall

Piece #28 - Puzzles

I realize autism is symbolized by a puzzles piece and I've noticed that some people have taken some offense to that, but this doesn't deal directly with that topic. This is a straight observation on puzzles and how they affect me and the twins. With the new age of electronic devices, it has changed to way we do pretty much everything! In this case I want to focus on puzzles because there are lots of computer game companies that are betting on us to buy their own special puzzle game, whether it is on the iPad, iTouch or smart phone. I will say that I do own an iTouch and yes, I do love it! Unfortunately, I can get sucked into several good puzzle games. So far the top ones I love to play are Chuzzle, Bejeweled, Tiki Totems and of course...Angry Birds. To be honest, I also will go 'old school' and play Solitaire, Mahjong, Sudoku and even Tetris because they still have a place in my heart. Sometimes the simpler games I would rather play because they are quick and easier