Skip to main content

Piece #18 - Money, Money, Money


I agree in many cases that "The love of Money is the root of all evil". I'm not a big fan of money, of course I'm not rich, but believe it or not...it doesn't really matter. I didn't come into this world with money and when I leave...it's not going with me! The only irony in all of this is that my favorite color is green. It has been since I was a kid. (But, it wasn't because of money.)

I believe the issue I have the most about money is trying to keep everything organized as to bills that needed to be paid versus trying to purchase items that might be needed for the family. To be honest, my wife JaimeeAsperger's, I might miss or forget important details that could be critical to our budget. I did make an open observation that slapped me right in the face when I was given a credit card for me to use because we have to be careful about our funds at the current time. Little did I know that I ended up 'nickel and diming' myself right through that credit card in no time flat. My card has been taken back. (To my humiliation I must say.) Since I have to do a lot of the shopping for the family, I always can't seem to keep track of what I've spent and what I still have left. I realize that for most couples, finances are better for a relationship if it is shared; and I do try to do my part, but because of my autism; it just seems to be more practical for my wife to do it. Of course I don't know for sure, but I've always heard that arguments over money are a big reason why married couples divorce.

In the Bible, even Jesus admits that 'you can't love both money and God.' It's funny because we all tend to look at money as a thing and not something that might be worshipped, but that is far from true. Even though, you might not be building temples to money or bow to it; if you have a desire or longing for money then that's where it becomes your 'god'. I guess that's the illusion, where money = power, and the person with the most money wins. As I mentioned before, when you die, the money isn't going with you so therein lies illusion that money can 'save' you. In my opinion, only God can save you. If there is any smart thing that should be done with money...it would be to save, it. That would be one thing I wished my wife and I could've done more of, is save our money.

If I ever did come into a large amount of money, I don't ever want to forget who I really am!


The Song of Inspiration [Check it out on iTunes!]:

Song: "Lose My Soul"

Artist: Toby Mac

Album: Portable Sounds


Here's the music video to the selected song...






This is a great example of the misuse of money. This is the Capital Building in Jefferson City, MO. We visited the capital a few years ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piece #75 - My Directing Method

Being a director like I have for several years, there are things that I've had to deal with in this business. This isn't the professional method of directing, but this is my perspective on how to be a director in any medium. I will probably address the proper method of how to treat actors, but that is not the sole focus on what I'm going to share. As a director you will have to deal with people who think they know it all and you can't say anything that will benefit me. The problem that most amateur actors forget is that acting is an art form, but it's also an occupation. I think people tend to forget that acting is work...hard work. One of the things that I try to let the kids know is that it's a very difficult business to get into. I feel like they need to hear the truth about the world of entertainment. I tell them that they have to 'want' it very badly and do almost anything to get in. An internship is a great way to get your foot in the door, bu

Piece #103 - I.Q.

I have, in some form or fashion, addressed this topic on intelligence, but I thought I'd hit this head on. One of the big things that people with Asperger's gets tied with is having a high intelligence. I have to admit that I've had a hard time finding solid evidence on all people with Asperger's having a high intelligence. I guess this a bit of a piggy back to my earlier posting #78 No Talent Required. The difference between these two is I'm going to address the intelligence in general versus the talents from Asperger's (or Savants).  When it comes to the topic of intelligence, I get a similar feeling like in high school when the class decides on 'the most successful' label. I say this because I've always questioned what is successful? In turn I would also ask in the same breath what is intelligent? Testing the intelligence of someone used to seem like either a brainiac, just an average person or an idiot...depending on the score which is reall

Piece #28 - Puzzles

I realize autism is symbolized by a puzzles piece and I've noticed that some people have taken some offense to that, but this doesn't deal directly with that topic. This is a straight observation on puzzles and how they affect me and the twins. With the new age of electronic devices, it has changed to way we do pretty much everything! In this case I want to focus on puzzles because there are lots of computer game companies that are betting on us to buy their own special puzzle game, whether it is on the iPad, iTouch or smart phone. I will say that I do own an iTouch and yes, I do love it! Unfortunately, I can get sucked into several good puzzle games. So far the top ones I love to play are Chuzzle, Bejeweled, Tiki Totems and of course...Angry Birds. To be honest, I also will go 'old school' and play Solitaire, Mahjong, Sudoku and even Tetris because they still have a place in my heart. Sometimes the simpler games I would rather play because they are quick and easier